A few things I learned travelling, watching idiots abusing staff and reading other TA reviews:
1. If it's too expensive to use a service, don't use it. If you do, PAY FOR IT
2. Read the fine print. Don't kick up a stink because you didn't follow/ read the terms an conditions of certain deals. Cheaper doesn't mean better
3. If you arrive at 6am and no room is ready, stock up on coffee. Either pay for the night before so it is ready for early check in, or wait. Shouting at the staff won't make the room be ready faster.
4. Housekeepers are not slaves. There's no need to leave your room like a hoarder. They can tell alot about you by what and how you leave your room
5. Wait staff are also not slaves. Uncalled for abuse can result in 'special sauce' in your food.
6. Kids- if you can't look after them/ discipline them, don't have them.
7. **** happens. If something goes wrong, speak to someone in a way you'd like to be spoken to get it fixed. Respect gets respect.